Masjid Cut Meutia or Cut Meutia Mosque is located in Jl. Cut Meutia, Central Jakarta. The mosque is adjacent to Gondangdia Station. This mosque was once office of the first architect and real estate firm in Indonesia, N.V. De Bouwploeg founded by Pieter Adriaan Jacobus Moojen. This is why the architecture of the mosque does not look like most of the mosque. Since the building formerly was not designed as a mosque. The building is considered to be pioneers of the Dutch East Indies-style architecture that is more appropriate for tropical climates. This building has a high roof with many large windows so that fresh air can enter.
This office is the office that develops Gondangdia area in Central Jakarta. Upon completion of the initial stage of the Gondangdia in 1920, NV Bouwploueg not last long, and five years later went bankrupt. In 1925 to 1942, the office building was being used as a Provinciale Water State, a type of clean drinking water companies owned by the state. In 1942 – 1945, this building was used as a Post Office. Then, the building also serves as the Office of the Dutch Railway Bureau, Headquarters of the Japanese Navy, Religious Affairs Office (KUA), to the Central Jakarta Mayor Office. This building also served as the secretariat offices of Provisional People’s Consultative Assembly (MPRS) under the leadership of General Abdul Haris Nasution in the 1970s.
This mosque became one of the landmarks of the Gondangdia area
How to get here (see the route map):
From Tanah Abang go to platform 3/5 and take Yellow Line heading to Manggarai and change to platform 3/5 and take the Blue Line/Red Line heading to Jakarta Kota then stop at Gondangdia Station and take a 7 minutes walk to the South
From Sudirman go to platform 2 and take the Yellow Line heading to Manggarai and change to platform 3/5 and take the Blue Line/Red Line heading to Jakarta Kota then stop at Gondangdia Station and take a 7 minutes walk to the South
see the link map or the map below