The building is currently occupied by the Ministry of Finance which is located on Jl. Lapangan Banteng Timur, Jakarta Pusat/Central Jakarta. Previously, the building was known by the name Witte Huis (White House) is often referred to Groote Huis (Big House). Finance Ministry building was built in 1809 when Lieutenant Governor General Daendels in power and completed in 1828 when the Governor-General Petrus Josephus Leonardus Burggraaf Du Bus de Ghisignies in power.
The left wing of the Finance Ministry building was planned as the Palace of the Governor-General. However, the palace are not used by the Governor General and eventually used as a place of lodging guests Dutch government officials.
Finance Ministry building in the Dutch Indies era is used as the center of government and used for the benefit of the governor-general, in order to award policy. In 1839, the bottom of the building used for the Post Office and the state-owned printing. On May 1, 1848, the’palace’, called ‘White House’ was officially adopted for the Department van Justitie (Supreme Court), it’s no wonder if some part of the building was also used as a place of detention. After Independence, the Supreme Court of Indonesia still use the palace before move to other location
How to get here (see the route map):
From Tanah Abang go to platform 3 and take the Yellow Line heading to Depok/Nambo/Bogor and stop at Manggarai. Go to platform 3/5 and take Red Line or Blue Line heading to Jakarta Kota and stop at Juanda. Take a 15 minutes walk to the Southwest
From Sudirman go to platform 2 and take the Yellow Line heading to Depok/Nambo/Bogor and stop at Manggarai. Go to platform 3/5 and take Red Line or Blue Line heading to Jakarta Kota and stop at Juanda. Take a 15 minutes walk to the Southwest
see the link map or the map below