Museum Sumpah Pemuda or Youth Pledge Museum is located at Jl. Kramat Raya No. 106, Jakarta Pusat/Central Jakarta. At first, the museum was the residence belonging to Sie Kong Liang founded at the beginning of the 20th century. Since 1908, this house was rent by the Stovia (School tot Opleiding van Inlandsche Artsen) and RS (Rechtsschool) students as a place to live and study. At that time the museum building known as the Commensalen Huis. Since 1927, the Youth Pledge Museum building used by various youth movement organizations to conduct movement. Bung Karno and the figures of the General Study Club Bandung often present in this Kramat Raya 106 building to discuss the format of the struggle with the occupants Kramat Raya 106 building. In this building congress ever held are Roekoen Sekar, Youth Indonesia (PPPI). The building also served as the Secretariat and the secretariats magazine Indonesia Raja issued PPPI. Given the use of different organizations, then since 1927 Kramat Raya 106 Building that was originally named Langen Siswo named as Indonesische Clubhuis or Clubgebouw (meeting hall).
On August 15, 1928, in the building decided the Second Youth Congress will be held in October 1928. Soegondo Djojopuspito, chairman PPPI, was elected as the chairman of the congress. The idea of organizing the Second Youth Congress came from the Student Association of Indonesian Students (PPPI), a student-member youth organizations from all over Indonesia. On the initiative of PPPI, congresses held in three different buildings and divided in three meetings. The first meeting, Saturday, October 27, 1928, in Building Katholieke Jongenlingen Bond (GOC), Lapangan Banteng. Then the second meeting was at Sunday, October 28, 1928, at the House of Oost-Java Bioscoop, discuss educational issues. And last on October 28, 1928 meeting of the Congress continued on the Youth Pledge Museum. Before the congress closed, the congress participant for the first time heard the national song “Indonesia Raya” by Wage Rudolf Supratman. The song was greeted with great splendor by the congress participants. Congress closed with a statement announcing the results of the congress. By the youth who were present, the formula is pronounced as Sumpah Setia (Loyal Oath), and now popularly known as the Sumpah Pemuda (Youth Pledge).
Before becoming the Youth Pledge Museum, in 1937 – 1948, the building was leased by Loh Jing Tjoe who used it as a flower shop. In 1948 – 1951 the building changed into Hotel Hersia. In 1951 – 1970 Kramat Raya 106 building 106 was used by Customs Inspectorate for offices and shelter for its employees.
How to get here (see the routemap)
From Juanda/Gondangdia/Cikini go to platform 2 and take the Blue Line heading to Bekasi and stop at Jatinegara station and change to platform 4/5 and take the Yellow Line heading to Depok/Bogor and stop at Gang Sentiong Station. Take a 8 minutes walk to the East
see the link map or the map below