Tanjung Priok Station located at Jalan Taman Stasiun Tanjung Priok is just a step away from the gates of the Port of Tanjung Priok. Indeed, their presence can not be separated with the Port of Tanjung Priok built at the end of the 19th century. The history of Tanjung Priok station solely can not be discharge to the history of the construction of the Port of Tanjung Priok. Port of Tanjung Priok act as a gateway of the Batavia and the Dutch East Indies. Port of Tanjung Priok built to replace the Port of Sunda Kelapa located in the area around the Fish Market. Port of Tanjung Priok was built in 1877 during the administration of Governor General Johan Wilhelm van Lansberge. Tanjung Priok Station was originally built in 1885 and when the Governor-General AFW Idenburg ruling, in 1914 the station building was enlarged so vast reaches 3600 square meters. Tanjung Priok Station stylish art-deco architect Ir. C.W. Koch had been a most magnificent station in Southeast Asia at that time
Originally Tanjung Priok Station was served as a connecting station between Port of Tanjung Priok and Batavia located on the south side, and therefore the people who landed at the Port of Tanjung Priok in general use Tanjung Priok Station as a transit point before heading to Batavia. It is therefore no wonder that this station equipped with adequate facilities. This station has a very cool restaurant with a lift that is used to deliver food to visitors who stay at the inn available on the second floor of the Tanjung Priok Station.
Another interesting fact is the existence of the station bunker, if we see from the construction of the bunker within the station; the former bunker was served as a place of supply or storage of food. Not only that, another story circulating that bunker is a long corridor to the Port of Tanjung Priok as a shortcut for receiving illegal goods such as opium
Platform 1 – 4 to Jakarta Kota
Platform 5 – 8 to Kemayoran