Central Government through the Directorate General of Railways of the Ministry of Transportation has made a master plan for Greater Jakarta network railways to 2020. Some of the new areas that were previously not connected by train; it will be connected by rail transit network.
Taken from the website of the Ministry of Transportation, the current railways network that exists in the Greater Jakarta area only covers 170.2 km. According to the plan, there will be many new railways network in Greater Jakarta. The railways network will be increased from 170.2 km, to 533 km.
The current existing railways networks are : Jakarta Kota – Manggarai (9,7km), Manggarai-Bogor (44,9 km), Jatinegara – Bekasi ( 14,6 km), Jakarta Kota – Pasar Senen – Jatinegara (11,44 km), Jatinegara – Tanah Abang – Jakarta Kota (15,6 km), Tanah Abang –Serpong (23,2 km), Tangerang –Duri (19,3 km), Jakarta Kota –Tanjung Priok (9 km), Tanjung Priok –Kemayoran (9,5 km), and Citayam –Nambo (13 km).
These are the railways network plan based on the type of train:
Normal Speed Train
- Soekarno-Hatta train (Commuter Line): 12 km
- Ekspress Train Line Soekarno-Hatta: 38km
- MRT Balaraja-Cikarang: 90 km
- MRT Bekasi-Cikokol: 52 km
- MRT Lebak Bulus – Kampung Bandan: 23 km
- Outer Railways Parung Panjang-Citayam-Nambo-Cikarang-Tanjung Priok: 60 km
- Inner Railways Network Kamal Muara-Rawa Buaya-Lebak Bulus-Margonda-Cibubur-Cakung-Pulo Gebang-Tanjung Priok: 75 km
- Pluit Line from Pluit-Daan Mogot-Kebayoran Lama: 15 km
- Sunter Line from Sunter-Cempaka Putih-Jatinegara: 21 km
- Blue Line from Kampung Melayu-Casablanca-Tanah Abang-Roxy: 14 km
- Green Line fromRasuna Said-Gatot Soebroto-SCBD-Gelora Senayan-Asia Afrika-Taman Ria Senayan – Gatot Soebroto-Pejompongan: 14 km
- South Line from Cawang-Cibubur-Bogor: 54 km
- East Line from Cikarang-Cawang-Kuningan: 43 km
- West Line from Batu Ceper-Serpong: 22 km
Some stations in Greater Jakarta will be integrated with other modes of transportation: for example Manggarai station will be connected to the TransJakarta, inter-city train, urban rail and airport train. While the Dukuh Atas Station (Sudirman) will be connected to the Airport Train, MRT, TransJakarta Busway, and CommuterLine. For Kampung Bandan station will be connected to the TransJakarta busway and the Commuter Line. Pasar Senen Station will be connected with the Commuter Line, MRT and TransJakarta Busway. Tanah Abang station will be connected to the CommuterLine and Airport Train. Lebak Bulus Station will be connected to the MRT station and TransJakarta busway and While the Cikarang station will be connected with the CommuterLine and MRT.
The estimated budget to implement the construction of new networks and other facilities is up to Rp 459.50 trillion (taken from National Budget) and Rp 116.5 trillion (taken from BUMN budget)